Thursday, May 14, 2015

Lupus Awareness Day



So May 15th is Lupus Awareness day.  I need everyone to POP 

with me tomorrow. Take a look around your closet. If you are a 

crafter craft a purple butterfly or just a purple ribbon. Any purple 

will do. Text, email or attach your pics to this 


Also raising funds in Memory of my Mom and Uncle Gene here:http://lupus.donorpages.com/Raise4Lupus/TPQ
Side note the TPQ stands for Thompson, Powe and Qhamata ;)

I am raising funds for the Lupus Foundation of America (LFA). My goal is to raise $250 for the 1.5 million people living with lupus in the United States. Your donation will help me reach my personal fundraising goal and I hope that you'll help me reach this goal! I realize these are tough times for many people, but every little bit helps!!

This page is in memory of two people in my family that didn't survive the fight.  My uncle Gene who died before I was born and was my moms best friend.  And my Mother who died when I was 15.  My mother found she had Lupus when she was working a job involving meat hooks and she got one stuck in her ankle.  When the wound wouldn't heal she went to the doctor.  This was day one.  So many years later she was warned against having kids, but she had me anyways.  I'm grateful for the fight she put up to stay and make me the person I am today and I'm happy that she is finally resting.