Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Welcome to National Prematurity Awareness Month

We have made it to another year.  Welcome to the National Prematurity Awareness Month -NOVEMBER. 




It's that time of year again.  I have no words for the joy I feel participating with the March for Babies each year.  The first year we did it to support the organization, but after 2009 preterm labor and birth took on a whole new meaning for me and my family.  Now we walk to support the organization, but also in memory of our DS who was born way to soon due to complications.  But we also thank the March of Dimes for all they do because after him I had 2 successful full term pregnancies with the help of medical care and weekly progesterone shots that helped me carry my DS and DD right to the 37 week mark.

So this month I want everyone to remember those in their family born to soon or those in your extended families (friends/co-workers) that were born to soon.  Wear PURPLE in love on November 17th for World Prematurity Day.