Warning: Will be long being that I got an epi this time instead of just the IV drugs I was a lot more clear headed and less focused on the pain.
Well 2.28 I went to sleep with my husband telling LO to hold tight till morning so we could get some sleep. I guess he listened because around 5:30am 2.29 I started having intense contractions. It's funny because at first I thought I was dreaming, but quickly by the second one woke up realizing this was to painful to be a dream. The contractions were pretty close and strong so I started tracking them around 5:47am. I woke up my husband to let him know this was probably it and he was going to have to get up soon, but I would let him know soon for sure.
After about 20-30 mins of timing I realized they were about 2-3 mins apart lasting 1 min each. This was mighty close and as intense as they were I didn't want to risk waiting the normal hour of tracking and have the baby at home or in the car trying to get to the hospital. Being my 3 the doc told me to come before then. I called to let her know about the contractions and she said to come on in that we are probably having a baby today.
On the way to the hospital they spread out to about 3 to 5 mins apart when we got there at 7am. I got checked in and trying to breath my way through the intensity. The nurse checked me and sure enough from Monday's 3.5 cm, I was now dilated to 5 and 50% effaced. I had signed my release for the tubal a few days to late (would have made 30 days on 3/4) so I couldn't get that done same day, but I still had the epi option. Knowing my body and my lack of tolerance for pain I opted for the epi. I got that in around 8:06. I took well and I was in heaven. Especially since not even 10 min later my doc decided to add Pitocin to my fluids to kick things up a bit. So I was definitely happy to have the epi this go round.
9:12 cath was placed and I was checked. Up to 6 cm, 80-90% effaced. We are moving along. My bag of water was still intact, but they wanted to at least get one round of antibiotics for the GBS in my system before they did. 9:40 I tried to take a little nap, but around 10 the nurse came in to move me to my side and up the amount of fluid I was getting because the baby's hb was going a little low. A few mins later she calls the doc and tells me she will be there soon because LO's hb was still low, but she will break my water when she arrives.
11 moved to my other side and got a better reaction from baby whose hb rose. 11:35 doc broke my water and check my cervix. Up to 7cm +2 station.
12pm feeling pressure, thoughts are he should be here within the hour. 12:10 still 7 but baby hs moved down to 0 station.
2:27 checked by nurse she feels like i'm still 7cm and cervix is swelling closed. Baby's hb is till going low maintaining at 100 bpm. Doc coming to see what she can do. I worry at this point because if my cervix is reversing, my dilation has stopped in 2 hrs and his hb remains low those are c-section words.
2:35 doc came in checked I was @9 cm the swelling hindered earler check. Tried to push through one contraction see if helped push down baby and it did so they prepped for delivery. P ushed through one contraciton and @ 2:49pm Israfil Haneef ibin Qhamata was born on February 29th. He was out and making the most beautiful noise, crying. The neonatal doc was called in about his irregular hb's inside, but out he was maintaining 137 so he passed.
Without further ado here HE (Team Green) is:
Born 2.29.12 @ 2:49 pm
Weight: 7 lbs 5 oz Height: 19 5/8 in long