Thursday, November 17, 2011

World Prematurity Awareness Day is Today!

Today is National prematurity awareness day and I hope that everyone takes the time to think and cherish their kids that they have and ones they may have lost.

In April 2009 I was accepted into the club of parents who loved and lost to soon a baby born to early.  Since then I have been blessed with a healthy little girl born just 2 weeks early and still full term.  Do in part to the additional medical care received during her gestation.  The main part I give thanks to God for.  I am again expecting (Insha'Allah - God willing) our last little bundle of joy and am again under the watchful eyes of God and my doctors.

I look at my story and the many of those of the women from the message boards I frequent and I know that sharing my story and being an advocate and volunteer for the March of dimes - March for babies is the best way I know how to give back to those that are in need and stop or decrease the number of babies born to early.  Also help those that are have a greater chance of survival by giving the resources for them to get better health care and advanced equipment.

Please Join me in the 2012 March for baby and Help the babies of the future have a fighting chance.  I know that's what I'd want for mine.