Friday, October 28, 2011

New inspiration

I found this website yesterday.  A woman on one of The Bump.coms message boards posted this picture


for Apple dumplings and the picture was linked to this website The Pioneer Woman.  And OMG I'm in love.  Being from the country myself and having my Nana (May God have mercy on her) being born in the early 1900's was a GREAT from scratch cooker.  I never really took to much interest in making the things myself just eating them, but being married with 2 kids and one on the way and my husband being so into making stuff ourselves because it's healthier (i.e. we know for real what's going in it) and cheaper than buying out for someone to make the same thing.  I've come up a little in my home cooking prowess and have slowly (much to my husbands dismay) began to try to branch out my cooking skills.

I think this website has definitely lit a small fire under me.  Again being from the country and knowing what real home country cooking tastes like I am in love and I pray God makes it easy on me to take some of these recipes and run with them.  I hope my family approves and I hope I do the Pioneer woman and my Nana proud.

Stay tuned for my hits and misses.