Monday, October 10, 2011

Daycare, Good Question

I've seen/come across more than one post about Daycares recently. And it's got me thinking. We have one school ager and will have 2 LO (little ones) that for the most part will be day care babies being that both DH and I are working during the day. Or even if he switches to a night time schedule I wouldn't put a toddler (who already thinks she runs the house) and an infant together to tag team him out of sleep. So I see daycare in the future.

One blessing I keep praying returns is Grandma Alimi. The best thing that happened to us when we were looking for somewhere for Khalifah to go when I was going back to work. She loves her and us like we are her own kids/grandkids. So Khalifah was so happy and taken care of. She had to stop to get her certifications together for her home daycare so we went to a real daycare. Unfortunately things weren't the best, but we had to do with what we had at the time.

Fast forwarding to today I'm 18 weeks 2 days pregnant due in March 2012. What on earth are we going to do? I really don't like searching and visiting daycares. It takes up forever and you may find ONE you really love only to find they have no space open for your kid(s).  Then comes the settling, but do you really want to settle with your child's welfare?  These are the thoughts running through my mind as we embark on another trip down baby lane... :)