Sunday, March 11, 2018
Wednesday, January 10, 2018
So New Year 2018, NEW GOALS!
- More active blogging here and FAID, hopefully weekly
- Lose 40 lbs (IE get my A$$ back in the gym)
- Move up IT Works ladder
- Help babies be the best they can be
- Best Cheer Mom
- Manage health
Monday, August 29, 2016
So I've been homeschooling my little muchkin man full time this year for Pre-K. This makes day 6 and so far so good. He's been behaving and picking up very well. I also appreciate the one on one time with him. I'm also very thankfull for all the Homeschooling help from Confessions of a homeschooler, Teachers pay teachers, Education.com and amuslimchildisborn.com. Amazon and Five below have been helpful with Mommy stuff :) Here's hoping I'm not pulling my hair out in 6 weeks. LOL
Wednesday, June 29, 2016
Sunday, May 1, 2016
Source: The Lupus Foundation of America
Lupus is a mysterious and complicated illness that is difficult to diagnose and challenging to treat. Despite its widespread prevalence, about two thirds of the public have little or no knowledge of its effects. This Lupus Awareness Month, you can help spread knowledge and bring us closer to a future free from lupus.
1. Lupus is an unpredictable autoimmune disease that can affect the heart, lungs, skin or kidneys.
2. A lupus patient’s average medical and loss of productivity costs are roughly $20,000 per year, and can increase to $63,000 per year if he or she has kidney complications.
3. No special diet has been found to cure lupus or cause it to go into remission.
4. In certain cases, people with lupus are treated with cyclophosphamide, a chemotherapy drug commonly used to treat cancer that suppresses the immune system.
5. The steroids used to treat people with lupus are the same ones that body builders and some professional athletes have been known to use.
6. While lupus affects people of all races and ethnicities, African Americans — as well as Hispanics/Latinos, Asians, Pacific Islanders and Native Americans — are diagnosed with lupus 2-3 times more often than Caucasians.
7. Lupus is not contagious. It cannot be “caught” or “passed on” to anyone, no matter what symptoms are showing.
8. Sensitivity to UV light (present in both sunlight and artificial light) affects as many as two thirds of individuals with lupus. This is known to cause fever, debilitating fatigue, joint pain, and rashes.
9. Lupus is not a form of arthritis, but many people with lupus do suffer from joint and/or muscle pain.
10. It is estimated that more than 5 million people throughout the world have a form of lupus.
Test your knowledge about these facts and more by taking the KNOW LUPUS challenge at lupus.org/know and visit lupus.org/awareness to learn more about how you can take action this Lupus Awareness Month.
Sunday, March 27, 2016
I almost went to war over my 10 year old today a little boy no more than 7 canned my daughter a N****.
As I confronted the mother who didn't even get off the phone to deal with the situation, I knew she didn't care and possibly where he learned his manners.
She proceeded to tell me it's ok because she was bothering him and she didn't say anything about that. How on God's green earth is that the same thing?
After a lot of back and forth about the difference in severity of what she did and what he did. Which his sisters tried to say that since I didn't hear him say it that he didn't say it. However just because I didn't hear it my daughter heard it and plus he admitted to it, he even said that the reason he said it was because she was bothering him.
She finally got him to apologize which of course was a half-hearted SORRY which I made him do it again he came over barely looked her in the face and said SORRY again I let it go after that cuz I knew I really wasn't going to get anywhere plus my husband was already here and they were scared so they ran away.
I titled this particular rant it will never end because as much as the blacks before us faught to get away from that word to many today try to embrace it and make it an inside only word. However any word used inside will eventually leak outside.
Let it be known Felicia Qhamata may be nice, but I will hurt you over my kids.